||The JerseyCat system allows patrons to search in other New Jersey libraries' catalogs for items that may not be currently available at the Newark Public Library.
Quick Guide to Using the System
- Click the JerseyCat link on the library's home page.
- JerseyCat will open on the Quick Search Splash page.
- Enter the item information. You can search by title, author, ISBN, or other information.
- Click the Advanced Search on the upper left side of the page if you want more search options.
- JerseyCat will retrieve a list of items.
- If you would like to restrict your results further, click Modify Search. This will give you the option to restrict by publication year, item type (e.g., book), language, and more.
- You may also select specific libraries you want to search by clicking in the check boxes.
- Click the Search button in the middle or bottom of the page.
When the database has completed its search it will produce a list of results.
- Click on an item's title to view the details. Usually, there will be location information at the bottom of the page that will indicate whether the item is available.
- When you find an item you would like, click on the Request This Item button on the upper right.
- Fill out your personal information.
- Click the Submit button at the top of the page.
The system should provide you with a confirmation. Print the confirmation for your records.
Need more help? Please contact the Interlibrary Services department at the Newark Public Library at 973-733-7768.