Get a Library Card
Join the Library and get your very own library cardit will allow you to use the entire library. Here's how:
- A Newark Public Library library card is free if you live or go to school in Newark.
- Go to the Main Library or your local branch library and fill out an application. You will need to print your name and know your address or you can have someone (parent or guardian) help you fill out the application.
- You will get your library card the same day if your parent or guardian is with you and shows identification with your address. Otherwise, it will be mailed to your parents. Your card can be used at the Main Library and any of the eight branches. Your library card is good for one year and is renewed each year.
- When you get your library card, sign your name on the back and keep it in a safe place. If you lose your card you will need to pay 25 cents for a new one. Do not loan your card to your friends to check out books. (They can sign up for their own cards.)
- Use your library card to check out books, magazines, CDs, and DVDs for 14 daysthe due date will be stamped in the back. When you finish reading your books, bring them back and check out more. Don't bring your materials back late, or you will have to pay a fine (5 cents per day for books, 30 cents a day for CDs, and $1.00 a day for DVD's).
- So, sign up today and join in the fun at the Newark Public Library!