Summer Reading Guidelines for the Challenge
Guidelines for the Challenge
- The Summer Reading Challenge will run from June 22 to August 8, 2015.
- Participants are encouraged to read 20 minutes per day.
- Children are encouraged to check out books to read and report on according to their grade and/or reading level.
- Parents, caregivers and teachers may read to children. The children should then report to the librarian.
- Each child may report on a maximum of four hours (total of twelve twenty-minute blocks) per week.
- Reports can either be oral or written. Written reports may be a picture, poem, report, craft, or artifact.
- Titles reported on will be entered in the child's reading log.
- Every child who reads and reports on at least one hour of reading (three 20-minute blocks) will receive a Summer Reading Challenge certificate.
- There will be a scale of incentives incentives.
- A maximum of one thousand (1000) minutes per child will be accepted.