The 2015 Summer Reading Challenge for Teens
June 22 August 8, 2015
(Open to teens entering grade 8 and up)
Funded by The Prudential Foundation
The 2015 Summer Reading Challenge has separate contests for kids and teens. See below to choose your challenge.
Guidelines for the Teen Challenge
Learn everything you need to know to participate.
Rewards for your reading achievements.
for the Teen Challenge
- The Summer Reading Challenge will run from June 22 to August 8, 2015.
- Participants are encouraged to read 20 minutes per day.
- Teens are encouraged to check out books to read and report on according to their grade and/or reading level.
- Parents, caregivers and teachers may read to teens. The teens should then report to the librarian.
- Each teen may report on a maximum of four hours (total of twelve twenty-minute blocks) per week.
- Reports can either be oral or written. Written reports may be a picture, poem, report, craft, or artifact.
- Titles reported on will be entered in the teen's reading log.
- Every teen who reads and reports on at least one hour of reading (three 20-minute blocks) will receive a Summer Reading Challenge certificate.
- There will be a scale of incentives incentives.
- A maximum of one thousand (1000) minutes per teen will be accepted.
more information call 973-733-7797.
Newark Public Library
5 Washington Street
P.O. Box 630 Newark, NJ 07101-0630