|In This Issue:
Hispanic Heritaqge Celebration
The Director's Journal
Trustee Officer's Elected; New Trustee Appointed
Treasures of the Library
Gourmet Gala a delicious success
New Jersey Theater Symposium and Exhibtion
Danielle Steele at Library Fund-Raiser
Newark Evening News preservation
Friends Trustee Remembered
Thank you volunteers
Library garners two public relations awards
||The Director's Journal
In recent months, there have been two breeches in security at the Main Library. We are aggressively pursuing measures to ensure the safety of our patrons and our staff ... at the Main Library and all our Branch Libraries. Let me detail some of the measures we have taken.
- Expedited the installation of security cameras throughout the Main Library.
- Installed parabolic mirrors in the stack areas to heighten visibility.
- Increased the number of security personnel and made them more visible.
- Increased the presence of Newark City police officersboth uniformed and undercover.
- Strictly enforced the Policy Governing the Use of the Library. (Any violations to this policy are reported immediately to the security force.)
- Through further cooperation of Newark Police Officials, police response time has improved significantly.
We are confident that the measures we have taken will ensure the safety of all library patrons and staff.