Due to hazardous building conditions which have escalated beyond sustainable remediation and in the interest of the health and safety of our staff and patrons, the Newark Public Library has permanently closed the Clinton Branch at 739 Bergen Street. NPL is working diligently to identify a temporary location for the branch so that we can continue to offer needed services to the Clinton Hill community.
In the interim, our seven other Newark Public Library locations are open regular Fall/Winter hours, and are ready to serve our Clinton patrons:
- Weequahic Branch – 355 Osborne Terrace (nearest location)
- Branch Brook Branch – 235 Clinton Avenue
- Main Library – 5 Washington Street
- North End Branch – 722 Summer Avenue
- Springfield Branch – 50 Hayes Street
- Vailsburg Branch – 75 Alexander Street
- Van Buren Branch – 140 Van Buren Street
We have resumed our Fall/Winter hours at each of our fully reopened locations, and our virtual programming options remain, in addition to our recently expanded e-book collection. We look forward to working with the community to reimagine a new Clinton Branch on this site. Details about the planning process, which will include community input, will be shared within the next several weeks on the library’s website and on our social media platforms.