Meet & Mend
Meet & Mend is a monthly mending/upcycling club at Made@NPL, located at the Newark Public Library Main Branch. Members drop-in once a month from 4pm – 7:30pm to work on their own projects in a communal setting. No sign up is required, but members must sign in and fill out a Made@NPL User Agreement, upon arrival. Equipment and tools are first come, first served.
A hands-on introduction to basic hand sewing and machine sewing for people new to sewing.
Co-sewing (by hand and by machine) and mingling with other library members. We’ll also share resources and demo some techniques for DIY mending and upcycling clothing!
Please bring any or all of the following:
- Clothing you’d like to mend
- Clothing, scrap cloth, or materials to repurpose
- Additional materials such as heat transfer vinyl or infusible ink, specialty threads, etc.
What we provide:
- Basic hand-sewing supplies (pins, needles, thread)
- 2 Singer sewing machines and related supplies
- Serger/Overlock Machine
- A random assortment of scrap fabric and sewing notions
- Paper, tape, writing utensils, fabric scissors, rotary cutters
- Books and resources for visible mending, upcycling, and basic clothing repair
- Cricut Explore 3
- Heat Press
This event is open to all! RSVP, to join our mailing list.
Special Thanks to Halsey Fabrics for generously donating sewing tools and materials for this program!
See you at Made@NPL!
Made@NPL is a community resource located at Newark Public Library’s Main Branch that provides all Newarkers access to in-demand equipment, technology, and software, to use at no cost.
Made@NPL supports creative entrepreneurs with business reference services and programming related to creativity, entrepreneurship, and making things.
Made@NPL was funded by a generous grant from the PNC Foundation.