Schedule a Library Skills Workshop
We at the Newark Public Library do our best to support education in Newark, NJ and beyond. We have a wealth of resources for students of all ages and lifelong learners, but we know that it can be overwhelming to be aware of all of the ways we can help. That’s why we are happy to offer tailored workshops explaining how library tools can help you reach your personal, academic, and career goals.
Our library skills workshops can provide guidance on:
- Applying for a library card
- Citing sources
- College and university applications
- How to conduct research
- How to search for books and other library items in our catalog
- How to use databases
- Information literacy (how to evaluate information and spot fake news)
- Kanopy (our free movie streaming platform)
- Libby (ebooks and audiobooks)
- Library events
- An overview of library services
- Writing résumés and job applications
- And more!
After you fill out our form linked below, one of our staff members will be in touch to fine-tune the details of your event. Please be sure to give us at least 2 weeks’ advance notice before your event.